Boca Grande Offshore Fishing Charters
On our Boca Grande offshore fishing charters, aboard our 2021 33' Parker Center Console with twin 300 HP engines, we take up to 5 guests. Trips range from 25-60 miles out depending on the length of the trip you choose and we will be bottom fishing, as well as possibly trolling and drifting bait. The Gulf Of Mexico offers a wide variety of fish and structure, therefore as a result, our offshore fishing charters send us fishing over rock ledges, reefs, and wrecks. Our target species consist of Snapper (Mangrove, Red, Lane, Vermillion, Yellowtail) and Grouper (Red, Gag, Black, Scamp). Additionally, other possible species include Trigger Fish, Cobia, Mahi-Mahi, Barracuda, Porgies and many more. However, fish size and species can be impacted by the distance of your trip. Contact Capt. Jeff if you have any questions.
The ride out can range from a 1-2 hrs depending on the length of your trip and this can change with conditions. Offshore trips are action packed and you will leave with great table-fare fish. In addition, bait, tackle, and fishing licenses are all included and we clean your fish too. Book Today!!!
What to expect at the different lengths of trips.
5 Hour trips (nearshore) cover approximately 20 miles in distance.
Typical catches include Mangrove Snapper, Lane Snapper, Vermillion Snapper, Yellowtail Snapper, Squirrel Fish, Key West Grunts, Red & Gag Grouper but a lot of short Grouper at this distance. Therefore fishing is consistent at this distance with a lot of smaller but keeper Snappers, the Grouper we get a lot of shorts but at times we get into some keepers, and we normally always bring home plenty of fish for dinner.
7 & 8 Hour trips are the #1 BOOKED TRIPS and cover 30-40 miles.
Typical catches are Mangrove Snapper, Lane Snapper, Yellowtail Snapper, Vermillion Snapper, Red Snapper, Red, Gag, Scamp, & Black Grouper, Porgies, also at times Mahi-Mahi. As a result, you never know what you may pull up on these trips. If your looking for the opportunity at 10 lb or more Grouper or 7 lb or more Mangrove Snapper then this is the trip. In addition, Red Grouper over 12 lbs are not uncommon.
10 & 12 Hour trips cover 35-50 miles.
The catches on these trips are similar to the 7-8 hr trips above. However, this distance is where we get into the big Red Snappers during season. Moreover, the farther you go the bigger the fish, so the Grouper and Snapper get bigger as well. In addition, the variety of different species goes up.
On the other hand, all the trips are not limited to the species mentioned above. Kingfish, Mahi-Mahi, Cobia, Amberjack, Barracuda and others make their way on our hooks at times.
**Please contact Capt. Jeff to discuss any questions before booking a trip.
Fishing Safely and Legally
To clarify, Captain Jeff is one of a few SW Florida Captains that has the required permits to fish legally in the federal waters with clients. Therefore, he has the advantage of taking customers out past the 9 mile state waters where the fun begins. These permits, known as Federal Reef Permits and Pelagic Permits, have an initial cost of upwards of $25,000 and there are a limited number available.
Safety equipment and more
Our vessel always has Type-1 offshore life jackets with the required whistle and light, first aid kit, VHF radio, 72 mile range open array live radar, Epirb Gps location device, Satellite phone, Spot Satellite Messenger, NOAA GPS monitoring system, flares and other safety equipment on board. Remember you get what you pay for -- safety and experience are priceless!!
All offshore trips are weather permitting, therefore trips sometimes get cancelled or rescheduled. Capt. Jeff makes the final call the day before the trip. Capt. Jeff has many years and training of forecasting sea conditions and weather and will make the safest decision because safety is our #1 priority.
In addition, on offshore charters, children under 13 years old are required by law to wear a life vest. Therefore, it is recommended that you bring their own life vest to ensure that it properly fits your child. If you don't bring one, a child's universal life vest will be provided, but sometimes they aren't as comfortable. Contact Captain Jeff if you have any questions, please.
Boca Grande Inshore & Backcountry Charters
On our guided Boca Grande inshore and backcountry fishing charters, you will ride aboard our 18' Shallow Sport tunnel hull. We allow up to 2 people to fish the shallow protected waters in and around Gasparilla Sound and Charlotte Harbor. We primarily fish the mangrove shorelines and the abundant grass flats of Florida's beautiful southwest coast. Our objective is catching Redfish, Snook, and Seatrout on these trips. Artificial baits and lures, as well as live and cut baits, are used depending on the fish bite and your angler skill level. Since we remain in protected waters, these trips also offer plenty of opportunities to experience the beauty of our undeveloped shorelines. As a result, we will encounter an abundance of wildlife that makes these waters home, including Egrets, Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Dolphins, Manatees, and much more.
**NOTE** The State of Florida closed the harvesting of Redfish, Snook and Trout until May 2021. These changes were put into effect after the significant red tide of 2018. We can still fish for and catch these species but they will have to be released.
Boca Grande Nearshore Fishing Charters
Our Boca Grande nearshore fishing charter is a trip for the group that wants to experience offshore fishing but wants to stay a little closer in. You will still enjoy the Gulf Of Mexico and catch some fish as well. We will generally fish 15-20 miles out on these trips. Therefore, the ride out to the fishing grounds is 30-45 min. At this distance typical catches include Lane Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Red Grouper, Gag Grouper, Grunts, and Squirrel fish. In addition, Shark, Bonita, Kingfish, Barracuda, and Amberjack are possible catches. At this distance the fish are sometimes smaller and not all keepers but we get a few for dinner and it's always a great time on the water.
Create Your Own Perfect Trip
If the trips above are not exactly what you are looking for, however, we can customize a trip just just for you. For instance, we can accommodate large groups with additional boats and trusted Captains. In addition, we also offer gift certificates.
It's your time and we cater to you, even if you aren't into fishing but would like to enjoy time on the water. For instance, how about sightseeing or enjoying a beautiful sunset, or maybe shelling on a remote beach or sandbar, or even lunch at one of our many island restaurants? These are just a few more ideas, however the possibilities are endless. Give us a call and we will design your perfect day on the water.
Book Your Boca Grande Fishing Charter Today
Pick Up Locations
Whats included in my trip
Bait, tackle, fishing license, federal permits, and fish cleaning if desired are included.
Policies & Procedures
- Reservations require a $100 deposit.
- The captain may postpone or cancel trip due to poor weather conditions or other reasons at his discretion. Trips cancelled by the captain will receive a 100% refund.
- The captain will email you within 48 hrs of your reservation with an itinerary of your trip including all the details.
- A full refund is issued for all trips canceled with at least 7 days notice. However, inside of 7 days the deposit is forfeited, and for no shows the day of charter you will be charged the full amount of trip on the card you used for deposit.
- Things not to bring- Glass Bottles, black soled shoes, boots, shoes that you don’t want to get dirty or wet, $200 Nike's are not boat shoes, firearms, non prescription drugs, aerosol sun block, GPS device Or Go Pros are not allowed aboard. Cell Phones and Smart watches must be off and location services off as well. If you’re not sure then I would recommend putting your devices in a Faraday signal blocking bag during trip which I have on board. If any GPS signal is picked up by our system the trip will be terminated and you will owe full balance due. (At the Captain's discretion bags may be searched). Your cell phone may be used for pics but location services must be off. If you have any questions please contact me.
- Things to bring-Drinks, snacks, a small cooler, a hat, rain gear, sunglasses, sun block (non aerosol), non marking white soled shoes (flip flops are ok), and Dramamine if prone to motion sickness or not sure (follow directions on the box).
- Gratuity is not included. (The general rule of thumb is 15-20% of the cost of your trip.)
- Trips depart from Gasparilla Marina. Please arrive 15 min prior to scheduled departure.
- Red Snapper trips in season (normally June-Aug) are a minimum of a 10 hr trip.