Boca Grande Offshore Fishing Charters
On our Boca Grande offshore fishing charters, we will take up to 5 guests. Trips range from 25+ miles out depending on the length of the trip and your preferences. We will be bottom fishing, as well as possibly trolling and drifting bait. The Gulf Of Mexico offers a wide variety of fish and structure. As a result, our offshore fishing charters send us fishing over rock ledges, reefs, and wrecks. Are target species will consist of Snapper (Mangrove, Lane, Vermillion, Yellowtail). Grouper (red,gag,black), Trigger Fish, Cobia, Mahi-Mahi, Barracuda, and many more. You can expect your ride out to the fishing grounds to be approximately 1 hr each way. Of coarse this can change with conditions. The size and variety of fish varies with the distance of the trip. All offshore trips are full of action and we always catch a lot of fish. It's usually nonstop and keeps everyone busy and catching plus it's always a good time. Book Today!!!
Fishing Safely and Legally
Captain Jeff is one of a few SW Florida Captains that has the required permits to fish legally in the federal waters with clients. Therefore, he has the advantage of taking customers out past the 9 mile state waters where the real fun begins. All trips are action packed and you will leave with great table-fare fish. In addition, bait, tackle, and fishing licenses are all included and we will clean your fish, too.
All offshore trips are weather permitting and sometimes trips get cancelled or rescheduled. Capt. Jeff makes the final call the day before the trip. Capt. Jeff has many years and training of forecasting sea conditions and weather and will make the safest decision. safety is our #1 priority.
Safety equipment and more
Aboard the vessel you will find type 1 offshore life jackets with the required whistle & light, first aid kit, VHF radio, Epirb Gps location device, Satellite phone, Spot Satellite Messenger, NOAA GPS monitoring system, flairs and other safety equipment. Remember you get what you pay for -- safety & experience are priceless!!
On offshore charters, children under 13 years old are required by law to wear a life vest. It is recommended that you bring their own life vest to ensure that it properly fits your child. If you don't bring one, a child's universal life vest will be provided , but sometimes they aren't as comfortable. If you have any questions please contact Captain Jeff.
Boca Grande Inshore & Backcountry Charters
Our guided Boca Grande inshore and back country fishing charters allow up to 2 people to fish the shallow protected waters in and around Gasparilla Sound and Charlotte Harbor. We primarily fish the mangrove shorelines and the abundant grass flats of Florida's beautiful southwest coast. Catching redfish, snook, and seatrout is the objective on these trips. Artificial baits and lures, as well as live and cut baits, are used depending on the fish bite and your angler skill level. Since we remain in protected waters, these trips also offer plenty of opportunities to experience the beauty of our undeveloped shorelines. As a result, we will encounter an abundance of wildlife that makes these waters home, including egrets, bald eagles, ospreys, dolphins, manatees, and much more.
**NOTE** The State of Florida closed the harvesting of Redfish, Snook and Trout until May 2021. These changes were put into effect after the significant red tide of 2018. We can still fish for and catch these species but they will have to be released.
Create Your Own Perfect Trip
If the trips above are not exactly what you are looking for, we can customize a trip just for you! Want to entertain clients? Why not on a boat? Family reunion in Florida? Why not on a boat? We can accommodate large groups with additional boats and trusted Captains. We also offer gift certificates .
It's your time and we cater to you, even if you aren't into fishing but would like to enjoy time on the water. How about sightseeing or enjoying a beautiful sunset? Maybe shelling on a remote beach/sandbar or even lunch at one of our many island restaurants? These are just a few more ideas. The possibilities are endless. Give us a call and we will design your perfect day on the water.
Book Your Boca Grande Fishing Charter Today
Pick Up Location
Policies & Procedures
- Reservation requires a $100 deposit.
- The captain may postpone trip due to poor weather conditions or other reasons at his discretion. Trips cancelled by the captain will receive a 100% refund.
- The captain will email you within 48 hrs of your reservation with an itinerary of your trip including all the particulars.
- A full refund will be issued for all trips canceled with at least 3 days notice.
- Gps units/ Gps on phone are prohibited to be used on boat. All cell phones must be in airplane mode or off. Pictures are allowed. At the Captains discretion bags may be searched before boarding or during trip. If GPS found active on trip the trip will be immediately cancelled and you will be charged full rate.
- Things to bring-Drinks, Snacks, a small cooler, a hat, rain gear, sunglasses, sun block (non aerosol), non marking white soled shoes, Dramamine if prone to motion sickness or not sure (follow directions on the box)
- Things not to bring-Glass bottles, black soled shoes, aerosol style sun block, firearms, non prescription drugs. ARE NOT ALLOWED !!
- Gratuity not included. (The general rule of thumb is 15-20% of the cost of your trip)